Finite Element Programing
- What is FEM? : Non mathematical approach
- Explains the concept of mesh convergence, element, nodes, order of interpolation , shape etc with some History
- Discrete Vs Continuous, Space Vs Time
- Boundary value problem Vs Initial Value problem
- Basic MATRICES in FEM: Mass, Stiffness, Damping, Load
- The DIFFERENTIAL EQUATION with Boundary conditions
- Statics Vs Dynamics
- The one and only “ SPRING MASS DAMPER SYSTEM”
- Introduction to GNU-OCTAVE and a simple example of spring mass vibration and deflection
- Simple Bar problem: Strength of Material approach Vs FEM
o Derivation of shape function, mass, stiffness, force, Transformation matrices.
- Simple beam: Shear force and Bending Moment (simulation only) and comparison with SM results
- 2D Plate with a hole (simulation only)
- Introduction to nonlinear analysis
- Ex: Nonlinear vibration: Aero-elastic flutter
Do FEA before you Leap!
Master art of mathematical modeling
Use the popular opensource linear algebra tools to visualize FEM!
Learn SDM and FEA-Experiment correlation!
Suggest the best design modification! Innovate!